Parish History logo

Parish Centenary

St Augustine's Parish celebrated its centenary on Saturday, 9 December 2006.
The book "Catholic Parish Coffs Harbour 1906 - 2006",  published to commemorate this event, is available to purchase from the Parish Office for $10.

 The  parish records are stored in the Curran Centre.

Parish History and Information

St Augustine's Parish was formed in 1906 as part of the Diocese of Lismore.

The patron saint of the parish is Saint Augustine of Hippo.

The station churches and chapel at Woolgoolga, Coramba, Glenreagh and St John Paul College are under the patronage of the following saints:

The Parish Office is situated in the Curran Centre, a complex of offices, conference and meeting rooms named in honour of a past Parish Priest of Coffs Harbour, Fr John Curran. It is located in what was the former Convent building, occupied over the years by religious sisters from both the Good Samaritan and Mercy sisters.

The following priests have served the parish in the role of Parish Priest.

Fr C. O'Gallagher 1906
Fr P. Kiely 1907 - 1910
Fr CJ Griffin 1911 - 1913
Fr C Hanly 1913 - 1917
Fr H Van Riel 1918 - 1931
Fr VJ Ryan 1931 - 1947
Fr R Smith 1947 - 1954
Fr A Parker 1954 - 1955
Fr JP Curran 1955 - 1957
Fr T McEvoy 1957 - 1971
Fr A Casey 1971 - 1993
Fr C Reinhard 1993 - 2002
Fr P McDonald 2002 - 2008
Fr P Winter

Fr P Padsungay
2008 - 2016

2016 - present

In addition to these priests, there have been numerous priests serve the parish as assistant priests.

 
 

Oct 2016 St Augustine's Parish, Coffs Harbour 2450 NSW Australia. Phone: (02) 6651 0000